Thursday, January 12, 2012

I've worked all day

     I appreciate the fact that my husband works to provide for our family so that I can stay home with the kids more than he knows. I do not appreciate the fact that every time I say something along the lines of "would you fix dinner tonight" I get this gem of a response "I've worked all day." So what exactly is it that I've done?
     Bottles, diapers, teeth brushing, bathroom trips, breakfast, dishes, laundry, lunch, chasing babies, breaking up fights, picking up, dinner, baths and fighting with kids at bedtime. No, I don't work at all. It is absolutely frustrating to be told that "I don't work" because I stay home. The house doesn't pick itself up, laundry and dishes don't do themselves, the kids don't fend for themselves all day, that's all me. Sorry, just needed to vent out my annoyance and the male species and their ideas of "work".

1 comment:

  1. I know exactly how you feel. The thing with me is I do work outside the home. On my feet all day and then I come home and do the laundry, Dishes, and clean the house with no help mind you. While he sets and watches TV and plays on the computer. If I didn't do the laundry neither one of us would have cloths to wear.

    ReplyDelete